Dr Shwe Wut Hmon Aye is a professor and head of Department of Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science in West Yangon Technological University since 2010. She obtained Ph.D in Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science from Mandalay Technological University (MTU) in 2006. In 2007 to 2009, she worked as the research officer at Technical Research Department (PyinOoLwin) and Materials Science and Materials Engineering Research Department (Kyaukse-Upper Myanmar). During this time she did many government research projects such as automotive and locomotive projects which related with metal castings parts. Then she had been an associate professor at the department of Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, West Yangon Technological University, Yangon in 2010. In 2017 she became a full time professor at this department. She is teaching materials science and related courses for bachelor students within the department of Metallurgical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. She also teaches corrosion science, electrochemical and surface analysis techniques for post graduate students. In 2014 she got Lotus Unlimited Scholarship from European Union and she had been working post-doctoral research fellow at electrochemical and surface engineering research group (SURF) in vrije universite Brussels. During this time she made joint project with experiment and simulation approaches for electrochemical study of atmospheric corrosion of zinc and corrosion inhibition of mild steel in aggressive environments. She managed various research projects such as study of leaching performance of different chalcocite ore types, electroplating of thicker gold deposits on copper substrate. Her research focuses on corrosion science, electrochemical and surface engineering. She is a promoter of several master students, working on corrosion science and related with surface characterization and electrochemical system in the field of electroplating. Since 2016, she is the executive officer in Myanmar Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science Development Association. She is also the member of technical committee in Myanmar Iron and Steel Association (MISA).
1. Shwe Wut Hmon Aye, Kay Thi Lwin, and W. W. K. K. Oo. "The effect of ageing treatment of aluminum alloys for fuselage structure-light aircraft." World Acad. Sci. Eng. Technol 46 (2008): 696-699.
2. Shwe Wut Hmon Aye, Hans Simillion, Kay Thi Lwin, Herman Terryn " Electrochemical Characterization of Corrosion Behavior of Zinc in Different Sodium Chloride Solution by comparing Two Electrode and Three Electrode Setups” CAFEO 33, 2015
3. Shwe Wut Hmon Aye” Study on the relation between Particle Size and Leaching Performance of the Chalcocite Ore based on Column Leaching Test” ICSTSD, 2018
4. Shwe Wut Hmon Aye “Study on Column Leaching Test of Two Different Types of Chalcocite Ores” Second University Research Journal on Engineering, Technology and Applied Science, Hinthata, 2019
5. Shwe Wut Hmon Aye, “Preliminary Study on the Process of Nickel-Gold Plating and Direct Gold Plating on Copper Substrate” ICSTSD, 2019
6. Shwe Wut Hmon Aye, “A Preliminary Study on the Electrolytic Gold Plating on Copper with an Emphasis to achieve Thicker Deposits, Workshop on Gold Gilding Technology for Shwe Dagon Pagoda, Myanmar, 2019
7. Shwe Wut Hmon Aye “Evaluation of the Performance of Various Corrosion Inhibitors on Mild Steel” 1st URCSE, Volume 1, 99-103, 2020