Mining Engineering Department
Vision of the department aims to be recognized as a leading specialized Mining Engineering solution in Myanmar.
Mission of the department is committed to generate well qualified mining engineers and to meet the relevance needs in Myanmar mining industries in the field of exploration, extraction, and mining process.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the Mining Engineering has established.---
Objective 1: Graduates will demonstrate the application of knowledge of, and skills in, engineering fundamentals to solve complex and open-ended mining and earth systems related problems field taking into consideration global, sustainable and societal issues. (Technical Competence)
Objective 2: Graduates will demonstrate communication, teamwork and leadership skills relevant to their chosen profession. (Communication Skills/ Leadership)
Objective 3: Graduates will several years after leaving WYTU, achieve professional growth in a broad range of mining related fields. (Professional Ethics/ Lifelong Learning)
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Learning outcomes of the Mining Engineering has established in order to successfully achieve and satisfy our program objectives. These outcomes are subordinate to the program objectives and represent the skills and attributes our students should possess at the time of graduation. In addition, these learning outcomes are identifiable and measurable elements that are evaluated to assure program objectives are being achieved.
(1) Our graduates will be able to apply their knowledge of basic sciences, environmental, engineering, management, economics and geology to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems related to Mining Engineering with a multi-disciplinary approach.
(2) Our graduates will be able to understand the general geology, ore mineralization and geotechnical engineering will be able to carry out reserve estimate through mathematical and statistical modelling, applied physics & chemistry as a part of mineral exploration.
(3) Our graduates will be able to do mine planning and design with an objective of safe, economic and sustainable exploitation of mineral resources by both surface and underground mining methods.
(4) Our graduates will have an understanding of mine production, mine planning, health and safety, rule and regulation, mine culture and environment and equipment selection for overall economy of operation
(5) Our graduates will be able to design excavation systems with an understanding of rock mass behaviour under various geological conditions considering its impact on engineering design and mine operations.
(6) Our graduates will possess good professional communication, managerial skills, with independent and original thinking for becoming effective mine managers and decision makers.
(7) Our graduate will have good understanding of ICT based tools and technologies such as computer aided design, IT applications etc. backed with knowledge of research methodologies for solving complex engineering problems in the context of mining & allied disciplines.
(8) Our graduates will be able to analyze and evaluate the economics of mining and excavation project, including economic feasibility, mine valuation, cash flow analysis and techno-economic aspects of mine design and operations.
(9) Our graduates will have an understanding of rules, regulations and responsibilities for mining activities and engineering decisions on the environment, and society for attaining sustainable solutions.
(10) Our graduate will effectively communicate in professional context, through oral presentations and written technical reports, querying and answering skills, will be able to apply their domain skills in real-life problem, simulation, data collection, analysis and interpretation.
11) Our graduates will be able to understand professional commitment and apply work place ethics.
(12) Our graduate will have adequate exposure to advances in technology, management, methods, equipment in the mining and allied domains through specialized electives in frontier areas of engineering & technology.