Department of Civil Engineering
The Civil Engineering Department is responsible for the teaching of such field of study as:
• Structural Engineering • Transportation Engineering • Water Resources Engineering • Geotechnical Engineering • Environmental Engineering • Construction Management Engineering
The department of Civil Engineering strives to graduate highly qualified engineers, and provide quality professional and community service to all stakeholders.
The mission of the department of Civil Engineering is to prepare students for professional practice. To be prepared to practice as professional, engineers must be able to act responsibly and ethically, communicate effectively, work well in teams, and, amid the changing landscape of the field of civil engineering, be able to pursue graduate level education.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives are formulated in such a way as to describe and target probable and possible professional and career growth accomplishments for the graduates of the Engineering programme that are achievable and measurable a few years after graduation. The Department has established the following objectives:
PEO 1: Graduates will be able to apply fundamental scientific and engineering principles to solve complex engineering problems systematically, creatively and innovatively with the aids of modern analytical and design tools including research methodology, to contribute to the advancement of civil engineering knowledge and practice.
PEO 2: Graduates will be able to communicate and manage effectively as a leader and/or team player in diverse destination of civil engineering and in multi-disciplinary environment, striving for responsible leadership and engineering innovations.
PEO 3: Graduates will practice professional virtues with strong commitment to moral and ethical responsibilities in the course of civil engineering practice, applies principles of sustainable development with considerations for natural resources, public health and safety, and environment, and is committed to personal holistic development through life-long learning.
Graduate Attributes (GA)
The Civil Engineering Department has established the following learning outcomes in order to successfully achieve and satisfy our program objectives. These outcomes are subordinate to the program objectives and represent the skills and attributes our students should assess at the time of graduation. In addition, these learning outcomes are identifiable and measurable elements that are evaluated to assure program objectives are being achieved.
(1) Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, civil engineering fundamentals to the solution of engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
(2) Analyse well-defined engineering problems using identified methods of analysis specific to civil field of activity.
(3) Design solutions for well-defined civil engineering problems and assist with the design of systems, processes to meet specified needs with appropriate considerations.
(4) Investigate for well-defined problems; engagement with selected knowledge in the research.
(5) Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern civil engineering tools to well-defined engineering problems, with an understanding of the appropriateness of computer aided instruction.
(6) Demonstrate knowledge of responsibilities in well defined engineering problems to solutions into the societal and environment.
(7) Solve and evaluate the deliberately and reasonably of civil engineering work in the solution of problems in societal and environment.
(8) Adhere engineering activities with ethical decision making in professional civil engineering practice.
(9) Perform effectively as an active member in cooperation with team or society and as a smart leader for administration and management.
(10) Identify effectively on well-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
(11) Demonstrate understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these required for differing types of activity in civil engineering projects.
(12) Study for continual improvement, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning to meet the challenges associated of technological development.