To nurture skilled IT engineers who can support in building modern developed nation.
To teach hardware, software, programming, networking and web development subjects to students to become ICT professionals.
#####Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives are formulated in such a way as to describe and target probable and possible professional and career growth accomplishments for the graduates of the Information Technology Engineering programme that are achievable and measurable a few years after graduation.
Each of the PEOs has direct Assessment Indicators (AIs) to measure the graduates' achievement of PEOs respectively, as listed below:
PEO 1 - Technical Competence
PEO 2 - Communication Skills / Leadership
PEO 3 - Professional Ethics / Life-long Learning
Description of the PEOs in terms of specific assessment indicators (AI) allows measurement of the graduates’ accomplishments mainly through alumni survey data collection by the Department of Alumni Relations and Placement (DARP) on yearly basis. The analyzed alumni survey data are shared with the respective department and Programme.
Moreover, the achievement of the programme’s PEOs by the graduates is made feasible through the successful attainment and measurement of the Graduate Attribute (GAs) which are formulated to ensure full coverage of all measurable attributes pertaining to the Engineering programme students’ abilities and skills acquired during their study period at the University.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, computing tasks, science and engineering-fundamental concepts to solve complex IT engineering problems.
2. Analyze complex IT engineering problems to substantive conclusions by using principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences and to identify and define the requirement appropriate to its solution.
3. Design, implement and evaluate solutions for complex IT engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs of appropriate societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigation into complex IT problems using research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern ICT tools, including prediction and modeling, to tackle complex IT engineering activities.
6. Apply and contribute IT engineering knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequence of responsibilities relevant to IT engineering practice such as selection, creation, evaluation and administration of the computer based system.
7. Understand the impact of IT engineering on societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge and need for sustainable development.
8. Understand and apply ethical principles and commit to ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practice of IT engineering to address ethical dilemmas.
9. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader both in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
10. Communicate effectively on complex IT engineering activities being cooperated with the engineering community and society widely, that program will be able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and provide explicit instructions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management, principles and economic decision-making and apply to manage IT related projects effectively as a member and leader in a team in projects and multi-disciplinary environments.
12. Recognize the necessity and plan to set up the appropriate commitment to engage in independent and life-long learning of the broadest technologies and new trend.
Department of Information Technology
The Information Technology Department is responsible for the teaching of such field of study as:
• Image Processing
• Database System
• Parallel Computing
• Networking and Security
• Artificial Intelligence